“Hear this, young men and women everywhere, and proclaim it far and wide. The earth is yours and the fullness thereof. Be kind, but be fierce. You are needed now more than ever before. Take up the mantle of change. For this is your time.” ~Sir Winston Churchill
- Virginia’s Presidential primary event will be held on March 3, 2020 (Super Tuesday).
- City and county caucuses, held on either April 18th or April 20th, will elect 2,000 state delegates to represent the city or county at Congressional District and State Conventions and select national delegates.
- Virginia’s 11 Congressional Districts will elect 65 Delegates and 6 Alternates at Congressional District Conventions held on either May 2nd, 9th, or 14th. Each Congressional District will elect between four and seven national delegates.
- The 5th District will choose its candidate for Congress at the Democratic primary on June 9, 2020.
- Additional Delegates will be elected at the State Convention in Richmond on June 20th
- The Democratic Party will select its presidential nominee at the 2020 Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin from July 13-16, 2020. Virginia will send 124 National Delegates and 8 Alternates to the Convention.
- The general election for Congress, Senate, and President of the United States takes place on November 3, 2020.
Please see https://vademocrats.org/delegateselection/ for additional information