I’m pleased to report that I filed the “Party Certification of Primary Candidates” (form 527) with the Virginia Election Administrator at the State Department of Elections on Monday, March 30, 2020, at approximately 4 p.m. This form is required per the Code of Virginia, 24.2-527, and lists the nominated candidates for the Primary ballot. Form 527 states:
· Only candidates that qualified to be on the ballot by the candidate filing deadline may be listed.
· The filing (qualification) date is the date the candidate completed filing all correctly completed candidate forms and the petition page with the last accepted signature needed to meet the minimum requirement.
· The candidates must be listed in the order in which they filed (qualified).
· If only one candidate qualified, place an asterisk (*) in the first column, to the left of the candidate’s name, to indicate party nominee.
· Additional space provided on the back if needed.
The following names were submitted and I certified that “the listed candidates have filed their required Declaration of Candidacy, Petitions of Qualified Voters, and primary filing fee, and that a review of the filed petitions found the required minimum number of signatures of qualified voters for that office to have been met.”
Roger Dean Huffstetler, Jr. Filing date/time: 03/09/20 @ 12:00 p.m.
B. Cameron Webb Filing date/time: 03/09/20 @ 12:00 p.m.
Claire Carmen Russo Filing date/time: 03/13/20 @ 12:19 p.m.
John D. Lesinski Filing date/time: 03/23/20 @ 9:00 a.m.
NOTE: Dr. Shadi Ayyas did not meet the required minimum number of signatures of qualified voters and so was not certified for the ballot.
I would like to thank the candidates, the campaigns, and the district committee members and local chairs for assisting us through this process, especially during these times. We accomplished a lot!
Chair, 5th CD Democratic Committee